Compensation Plan

Commission Split (SEE 4 EXAMPLES BELOW)
  • 80/20% Split until you reach the Cap of $16,000(80k Gross Commission Income) then it goes to 100% with a small transaction fee of $250.00.
  • Transaction fee drops to $75 once you’ve reached 20 post cap transactions(ask for more details) 
  • Every Transaction you pay $40 in E&O insurance($500 Max in NC)
  • Every Transaction you pay $25 for Broker review
  • 3 Free Personal Transactions with only $250 Fee + BIC and E&O
  • Please see the STOCK OWNERSHIP when considering the comp plan.

Team Members have ONLY $8,000 Cap (40k in GCI).

Note: Team members with an $8,000 Cap don’t get any stock when they Cap and cannot become ICON, but they do receive stock on their first closing and can purchase the stock at a discount just like full cappers. They also have the same benefits when attracting agents to eXp.

Ask me about eXp Realty’s new MEGA Team/Brokerage Program! If you have at least 10 agents and meet minimum production standards you might qualify! The program is designed for you and your team! Email me for more info phillip.johnson@exprealty.com

Don’t forget to find out how you can GET ALL YOUR $16,000 CAP BACK IN STOCK!


EXAMPLE ONE: BEFORE YOU’VE CAPPED AT EXP REALTY AND YOU PARTICIPATE IN THE (OPTIONAL) STOCK PURCHASE PLAN. NO OTHER AGENT IN TRANSACTION. 
Notice the Stock Comp fee of $726.75(which is voluntary) is 5% of the NET, not the GROSS.

EXAMPLE TWO: BEFORE YOU’VE CAPPED AT EXP REALTY AND YOU PARTICIPATE IN THE (OPTIONAL) STOCK PURCHASE PLAN. IN THIS TRANSACTION THERE IS A 25% REFERRAL TO ANOTHER EXP AGENT. 
Notice the Risk Management and Broker Review fee is 25% less, because the eXp agent you paid the referral to made up the other 25%.

EXAMPLE THREE: AFTER YOU’VE CAP AT EXP REALTY, AND PARTICIPATE IN STOCK PURCHASE PLAN. NO OTHER AGENT IN TRANSACTION.
Notice the $250 fee instead of 20% reduction. 

EXAMPLE FOUR: AFTER YOU’VE CAPPED AT EXP REALTY AND PARTICIPATE IN THE (OPTIONAL) STOCK PURCHASE PLAN.  IN THIS TRANSACTION  YOU HAVE A BUYERS AGENT SPLIT OF 60/40 (YOU GET 40%) AND PARTICIPATE IN STOCK PURCHASE PLAN.
Notice the fees are shared with the Buyers agent based on a 60/40 split you have with them, plus you and your BA are NOT DOUBLED BILLED. You pay your portion(40%) of the fee based on your cap status and buyers agent pays theirs based on their capped status. In this case, I received 40% of the BA commission so I paid $100 of the $250 which is 40%(remember I have capped) and ZERO Risk fee(because I already paid the $500 per year charge for E&O), so the buyer’s agent pays their portion of split to eXp which is either $150(remaining balance of $250) or their 60% portion of the 20% gross split they have with eXp Realty until they cap. They will also pay their portion of the Risk fee(if any exist) which you didn’t have to pay because you had already paid off the $500 E&O during the course of your anniversary date.